School Resource Officers (SROs) are essential to achieve safer schools. SROs and school administrators need training on school climate: school physical and learning environments, relationships, engagement, and safety.
Preventing Problems by Promoting Positive Practices (P5) is an interactive online course designed to provide participants with an innovative school climate model and school climate enhancement practices. The course covers hot topics on:
- Environmental design, focused on crime prevention and wellness promotion
- Multi-tiered systems of support (MTSS)
- Adolescent brain and behavioral development
- Implicit bias and microaggressions
- Differentiated responding to discipline for SROs vs. school administrators
The course uses interactive quizzes, matching activities, and an action plan process to actualize school climate change.